A new, free edition of 4th at Square is now available in the Windows Store. 4th at Square Lite shares the same codebase as the paid version and the same feature set, with the following differences:
- Does not support background updates to the live tile.
- (It will still update when you check-in or view the Friends page)
- Does not support notifications (i.e. check-in reminders, or nearby friends).
- Contains advertising.
- Contains “nag text” at the bottom inviting you to install the paid version.
My plan is to keep both versions in sync for all future updates. However, it is possible that additional features may be added to the paid version which won’t appear in the free one. This is particularly true for future updates which will make use of a server back-end (i.e. notifications whenever a friend checks in, and live tile updates for pinned locations or friends).
A minor version update made it into the Store yesterday. This contains two fixes:
- A problem where keyboard focus rects were clipped incorrectly on certain home screen items.
- Minor issues with the text shown after a successful check-in where it tells you about the points you earned.
Last week, version 1.4 of 4th at Square was posted to the Windows Store. This version includes the following changes:
- Comment and Like your friends’ check-ins.
- View comments made by others and respond.
- Points earned and more scoring details are shown after checking in.
- Improved scrolling behavior in detail views.
- Various UI fixes/tweaks.
The comment and “like” features were requested by a user via the Feedback page. If you have suggestions for features you’d like to see, or improvements to existing ones, please share them!
Welcome to the 4th at Square website. This blog will be used to post details about what changes each version update brings, as well as sneak peeks at upcoming features. If you’ve got a feature suggestion, leave it here or on the Feedback page!